Saturday, April 14, 2007

eight is great

Today was my first official training walk with my team and some other participates of the 3 day. We all met at Stone Mountain at 6:30am. We had the choice to walk either 5 or 8 miles. Since I haven't really done any major mileage yet I was all set to walk 5. When we got to the split and our team leader yelled 5's that way 8's this way my teammates somehow convinced me to "go for it". The other Karen ( she is 53) said "if I can do it, you can do it". And I did! It was a beautiful walk and the 2 hours it took just flew by. I felt great then but I am starting to feel the effects now. My sore feet have convinced me to go and get an new pair of shoes this week. I'm not to sure how happy they are going to be tmrw at 6 when I head off for another walk.




I promise I will blog tmrw or the next day about what the kids are up to and share some new pics!!

No comments: