Saturday, May 12, 2007

Race for the Cure

Today I participated in the Race for the Cure 5K. It was amazing! They said there were close to 20K people participating....crazy right? My team for the 3 day decided it would be a fun way to get together, get some miles in, and help raise more money for breast cancer awareness. I'm glad we decided to do it. It was an absolutely beautiful day....a little hot, but not too awful. And my mom walked with us which was really nice since it's Mother's day weekend.
This is a pic of everyone that walked with us today. The ladies in pink are both survivors. The lady on the end is walking on our 3 day team (she is 65...amazing!!)


Can you believe how many people there were?




Laurie and Me. We are both walking for one of my college friends who was recently diagnosed (Laurie went to church with her growing up). Neither of us had any idea that we were walking for the same person until after we were on the same team.


Me and my mom. What a great way to spend Mother Day weekend.

Everyone on my team is so much fun.


And here is my plug for the 3 Day Walk. If you haven't made a donation towards my fundraising campaign please think about it. I have raised $17oo so far but still have $500 to go towards the minimum and $1500 to reach our team leaders goal for each member. The money all goes towards finding a cure for breast cancer. All you have to do is click on the link on the left hand side of this page. So think about it, orbetter yet just do it.

End of sales pitch...Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!


No comments: