Friday, June 22, 2007

Callie's First Year


Callie's first year is almost over. She turns One tomorrow. When Bryce turned one I was so excited. I was almost relieved that the first year was over. We were past all of the formula, bottles, baby food, late nights, and tired days. But now that Callie's big day is hours away, I do not feel relieved. I haven't minded the things that I was so happy to get rid of with Bryce. Maybe it's that I know how quickly she is going to go from baby to toddler. I know that in the next year she will be jumping out of bed instead of smiling up at me when I walk in her room every morning. Or maybe it's just that she is such an easy baby...rarely cries, always smiling, and soooo laid back. Don't get me wrong...I look forward to the milestones that will happen over the next year: first steps, first words, etc. I also look forward to her and Bryce really starting to play together and becoming friends. So tomorrow we will sing Happy Birthday and let her eat her muffin all by herself. And Sunday at her party she will get to wear her party dress, her first birthday hat, and get to smash and eat as much cake as she wants (which means a lot of cake!! the girl can eat!!). And I'll be sure to tell you all about it and share pictures.

2 comments:

lauren said...

Happy Birthday Callie! the pictures are adorable

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.