Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Love New York

It has been so long since I blogged. I will try to catch everyone up on what's been going on soon but wanted to share about my NYC trip.
I had a blast in New York. We stayed with Lauren at her apartment. It's small (she had prepared us!), but is so really cute. It was so nice getting to spend time with her again. And she makes the best tour guide! We took trains and buses and cabs and squeezed in sooo many things! My Aunt Rain came on Sat and spent the night and most of Sunday with us. It was a great girls weekend!! Here is a brief list of what we did:
Went to see Tracy's apartment and had a great Italian dinner with her
Saw Rent on Broadway and had great seats!
Ate at a great Mexican restaurant in the East Village and had the best Italian pastries at this adorable Italian place (We even had some for breakfast the next day!)
Did all the touristy things: Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Times square, and too many more to list!
I got an Italian Ice!! (see pic below). I made Lauren and my mom walk back down to the East Village to get a yummy rainbow flavor ice. If you grew up in the North then you know what I am talking about. It is one of my most favorite things from my childhood and it tasted exactly as I remembered it...paper cup and all.
It was a fun trip and was over way too soon. We boarded the plane (dozen bagels in hand) tired yet happy and already planning my next trip to the big apple! Thanks again Lauren!
Here are some pics
My mom and me in Times Square



The Chrysler Building



view from the top of the Empire State building


my three favorite ladies... Aunt Rain, Lauren, and my mom



Lauren and Me in Times Square on our way to see Rent (I highly recommend it if you are going to see a show anytime soon...amazing!!)


Me Cheesing it up with my Italian Ice....YUMMY!!



No comments: