Friday, August 24, 2007

One of those days

So everyone has one of those days every once in a while. Had one today. Started off waiting 50 min. with 2 kids in a tiny doctor's office (yes, I am still sick. they now think it's a sinus infection and sent me home with steroids and antibiotics). Bryce thought it was fun to pull and climb on everything in the office. He also pulled out the stirrups and asked the doctor what they were for. After she stumbled thru an explanation we headed off to work. Took us over 2 hours to get home from work. On the way I hit a huge thunderstorm. It was so windy that a huge piece of plastic (like a really, really, really big trash bag) blew into the front of my car. Shortly after a very nice man waved at me to roll my window down and told me that the plastic was wrapped around my rotor and that it could really damage the car. He said I should try to remove it asap. I pulled over into a church parking lot to remove the plastic. I literally had to crawl under the car, lay on my back and cut away at the plastic with my keys since I had no knife. Meanwhile it is still down pouring. And then I hear Bryce yelling at me frantically so I crawl out to see what's going on. I quickly realized what the trouble was....some stray dogs wanted to check us out and were actually about to hop in the truck to get out of the rain!! After shooing away the dogs (they ended up being pretty friendly thank god!!) I got back in the truck soaking wet and said a quick prayer that we would make it home with the remaining plastic still stuck around the bottom of the truck. We finally made it to the house and the kids have since been fed, bathed, and put to bed. I would be in bed as well but the steroids that the doctor prescribed have kicked in. Perfect ending to the day!!!
FYI.....should you ever hit a huge trash bag and get it stuck on your rotor there is no need to remove it in the pouring rain with stray dogs standing by. My husband has since told me that it won't cause immediate damage and it can wait to be removed. Would have been nice to know a little bit earlier!!

No comments: