Friday, September 7, 2007

Fall in the south

I love the south. Even though I was born up north I feel more like a southerner than a yankee. I love the dogwoods and magnolias. I love driving in south Ga and seeing field after field of cotton. I love hearing yes ma'am and y'all. And I love southern food...couldn't live without grits. But one thing you really learn to love when you live in the south is SEC football. Every weekend revolves around it. When I mentioned doing the 3 day walk the first question I got asked was what weekend is it because we have to check the Auburn schedule. I love the friendly "trash talk" that goes on between fans of different schools. When Bryce was 2 his preschool teacher wrote "go Dawgs" on his face (they had face painting at school that day) because she knew I was an Auburn fan. At Bryan's softball game today he told his teammate they lost because he had on a Tennessee visor. It's all in fun (or at least it is until the day that your two schools play each other).


So for the next several months I will spend many Saturdays sitting in front of a TV screaming my head off. And maybe, just maybe, I will get to bring Bryce to his first college football game. I know Uncle Jason can't wait to take him to Toomer's corner after a big win and watch his eyes light up with the experience. When you grow up in the south, you might as well learn to love it as early as possible.

1 comment:

lauren said...

watched the game on saturday, shame really. wished i could have been thre yelling at the TV with you