Wednesday, January 9, 2008

you never know what kids will say

flashback to Monday. Bryan and I pick Bryce up from preschool. Bryan gets in the drivers seat and I go to open up the backdoor to put Bryce in his booster seat. Right as I am swinging the door open, Bryce drops his bookbag and bends down to pick it up. The cardoor slams into his cheek instantly causing a bright red bump that continues to grow into a bruise the size of a golf ball. Great, I think. I know that kids get hurt all the time, it's part of being a kid. But I think all moms have had that moment of worrying that someone might think it's something other then an accident. Maybe I get that from my mom being a school counselor and hearing stories of defaces being called very frequently at schools. Silly to worry about, I know, but it crosses my mind every once in a while.
Flash forward to today. I am picking Bryce up from preschool and one of his teacher's asks "how did Bryce get that bruise on his face?". I quickly explain about the bookbag and the car door. When I finish they both look at each other and laugh. This makes me a little nervous so I ask them why they are laughing. They say " we figured it was something like that". They then proceed to tell me that when they asked Bryce what happened he told them "I dropped my book bag and mommy hit me". Ahhhhh!! You have to love the things that come out of kids mouths.

No comments: