Sunday, August 3, 2008

3 day fundraiser

Today we had a 3 Day fundraiser. It was our "streetwalker" fundraiser!! Basically, we stood at a major intersection downtown and walked around with our buckets asking for donations....just like the Shriner's!! Desperate times call for desperate measures and I am in high need of donations. I have around $800 right now but need to have $2,200 in about a month and a half!! Five of my teammates and I spent 4 1/2 hours in the heat (it was around 95 degrees). We raised around $850 which is great (we do split it 6 ways so my take was almost $150. Afterwards we went to Chipolte for dinner and to discuss the signs of heat stroke!!
Seriously, if you are reading this and haven't made a donation to the 3 Day in my name yet please think about doing so (pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top). It is for a great cause that effects women of all generations. Just click on the link to the right.

When I got home Callie was thrilled to see me and wanted to dress up like mommy. She is our future team member. It also reminded me of one reason I am doing the 3 day....so her generation never has to worry about such an awful disease!

No comments: