Tuesday, September 16, 2008

party like a rock star...kid style


We partied hard all weekend. Friday night I had a much needed girls night with Mary Glenn and Sheri. We walked around target (it's a different world without kids!), went to dinner, and saw a movie (The Women). It was a great night. I laughed more then I have in a very long time and that is a very good thing.
Sat. We had 2 parties...both of them for 3 year old girls. The AM party was at a jumpy place and was for a little girl in Callie's class. It was a lot of fun. Callie is quite the brave little girl and had all of the other kids going down the slide head first. The PM party was for our friends Kat and Brian's little girl. They live right around the corner so Bryce rode his bike and I walked with Callie (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Bryan was out of town this weekend!). The kids played in the yard and we sat around, watched football, and relaxed. Bryce has a crush on a little girl that was there so he was very excited to get to play with her. They had our jumpy set up in the yard and the kids wore themselves out.
Sunday we had a party at Chuckee Cheese for our friend's Craig and Crystal's little girl Sydney (she's turning 4). Not my favorite place but there were 2 older girls that decided it was their job to watch Callie. I love mommy's helpers!! I let Bryce and Callie eat all (yes I said all) of the candy from Saturday's goody bags before the party. I figured they could get all of the sugar out of their system at the party and boy was I right. They crashed when they got home!
An entire pizza, three publix cakes, three goody bags filled with candy, and about 12 juice boxes later and they we are pretty much partied out. I don't think anyone was really up to eating dinner Sunday night. Even Maxi....she decided it would be a smart idea to eat one of the kids candy bracelets. Swallowed it whole! Tummy aches for everyone at our house!!
Callie's 3 favorite friends from school

















Callie demonstrating the art of sliding head first




c












Abbie's party....nothing beats a picnic
















No comments: