Thursday, February 5, 2009

Potty Training


I hate potty training. Really, really hate it. Callie hates it too. Really, really hates it. But the thing is she is so ready to be done with diapers. She stays dry at school all day. They love to tell me that. Everyday. I think they are rubbing it in and secretly thinking 'what in the world is wrong with you that you can't get her to stay dry at home?'. So I smile and praise her and think that maybe today will be the day. We get home and I fix her lunch and before she eats I tell her she needs to go potty. She will go sit on the toilet for a really long time and then tells me she doesn't have to go. Well, okay I think, because we don't always have to go. She then goes to the table sits down and within 10 minutes will stand up, look at me and smile, and then pee all over herself. This situation usually gets repeated several times in the afternoon and by bed time I just want to strangle her. But I am too busy because I am washing all of the pee soaked clothes from the day. I have tried rewards (stickers, chocolate, dolls), I have tried taking her every 30 min., and I even tried doing the potty dance. If you don't know what that is then you don't have kids. Nothing is working. Ahhhhhh! But I will keep on keeping on. And I will keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be the day. If it is, I will definitely let you know!!

But....if you happen to have any advice or tricks please send them our way. I will pretty much try anything at this point!!

Gotta go....the washing machine is calling my name.

No comments: