Saturday, April 4, 2009

worms

I am really girly when it comes to certian things. More specifically, I hate bugs, spiders, snakes, and anything else that's creepy and crawly. and I hate worms. hate might be a little strong but I really dislike them. The thought of them makes my skin crawl. I remember not liking them as a child. My dad would take us fishing and I always refused to bait my hook. I think for a while he even stopped doing it for me just to see what I would do. I remember sitting there, bored out of my mind and wanting to join in the fishing fun, but headstrong that I would not touch a worm. So imagine my suprise today when Callie was helping Bryce dig up worms in the yard. She would then pick them up, tell them they were going to go into the blue bucket (a fact, I'm sure, that made them feel a lot better), and then carry them across the yard and deposit them lovingly into the bucket. When she asked me if I wanted to hold one, I politely declined, determined I would not pass my dislike onto my child. Bryan is thrilled at Callie's new found love of creepy crawlies. I think he dreaming about his first daddy / daughter fishing trip as I type this.

Callie and her worms....notice half smile on her face. She is completely at ease.
This is more the look that I expected...

No comments: