Friday, May 25, 2007

Caps for Sale


The other night I read Bryce "Caps for Sale". It's one of those classic kids books that I adored as a child as I'm sure lots of others out there did too (At least Aunt RoRo did as she was the one who gave him the book). Anyway, the book got me thinking about all of the "caps" that are currently on my head.

I am mom, full time employee, cook, housekeeper, room mom for preschool / camp, team mom for tball, chair leader for 3 day walk golf tournament, event planner, fundraiser, chauffeur, and my least favorite, doer of the laundry. Some days I am also: medic, swim instructor, dog walker, and personal shopper.

Most days I don't stop until both kids are in bed asleep and even then I am usually folding cloths, doing dishes, etc. But here is the crazy thing: I wouldn't change any of it. Well, okay, I would not do laundry it that was an option. I love the hectic, crazy days. Maybe it comes from having friends with older kids that are getting ready to leave home. I know that these crazy days will pass way too fast.

Gotta go. It's my day off of work and we have to go to the mall to exchange some shoes, return some books to the library, run yet another load of laundry, and pack up for the weekend at the lake (0ur friends have invited us to their lake house!).

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!

2 comments:

lauren said...

I LOVE caps for sale! put on your travel cap, you're heading up here sans kids..

(now caren, Sans means 'without' in french... not with. for an extra bit of knowledge, 'avec' means with)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.