Friday, July 20, 2007

Beach take two

Last week at New Smyrna was so much fun. It was so great to get to just hang out with everyone. The place was right on the beach... really. You just walk out the back door onto the deck, down the steps, and you are on the sand. We spent the days playing on the beach, fishing, putting (see pic below), swimming in the pool, playing Yahtzee, gin rummy, and even a couple games of clue. Lauren was able to come Monday thru Friday and Jeff was there thru Wed. am. It was so wonderful being together and hanging out. The kids had a blast. Callie did develop a tummy problem which led to a really bad diaper rash (which is still going!). There were also spiders...really, really, really, big ones. And I hate spiders. hate them with a passion. The only other problem was the sand fleas. I swear I have never had so many bug bites in my life. No joke I had 10 just on one foot! But even with the rash and the spiders on steroids, and the bug bites, it was one of the best vacations I can remember. And I hope Bryce is old enough to remember it too.
My mom, the kids, and I are now in Bonita Springs at my aunt and uncles house. We are having such a great time and I am sad that we will be leaving in two days. How quickly time flys when you are having fun!

Here are some pics from the past weeks.


Lauren and the kids. I know she is doing great in NYC but we really miss having her around!!


The family (look for it around xmas time from my mom)

My attempt to get a Christmas card pic wasn't too successful

Not a bad backswing if I do say so myself.

We have putting contests on the beach everyday. We also brought a bunch of old balls and took turns hitting them into the ocean.


Callie and her Aunt RoRo.

She is such a daddy's girl. This is her "I'm tired" position

Jason and his favorite niece....Second children have to stick together


Bryce and Callie at Lover's Key...my all time favorite beach anywhere

The kids and Aunt Rainy. We are having such a good time!!

1 comment:

lauren said...

FYI 2nd kids are always better.