Sunday, August 12, 2007

fire ants, golf tournament, and a mental breakdown

Sorry for such a long delay since the last post. Life is completely insane right now. I have way to many things to do and absolutely no time. Seriously, can stress overload cause a mental breakdown? Just wondering. If I start typing in nursery rhymes or song lyrics then you know I have officially lost my mind and please send help!


Bryce got bit by a load of fire ants today. He was out back playing and all of a sudden he runs in screaming his head off. He just stands there and screams at us and Bryan and I are both saying "whats wrong?". But he just continues to stand there screaming. Then he just starts shaking his foot. When I looked down I realized it was covered in fire ants. My immediate thought was he looked just like Lauren when she got bit. Just standing there screaming and pointing at her foot with no attempt to remove the ants. Quite humorous on the flip side when you can laugh about it after the bites have gone away, but not to funny to a four year old with multiple stinging insects on his foot. Anyway, we brushed them off, and checked to make sure there weren't any more on him. They began swelling right away and we gave him a good dose of benadryl and some hydrocortisone to help stop the itching. He has refused to go back into the yard. poor kid!
My golf tournament is next Sunday. I am so ready for it to be over. beyond ready. I had such high hopes for it and they pretty much got crushed when I realized that I had pretty much no help except for one wonderful person. Just thinking about the whole thing makes my stomach hurt. No joke. I had all these stomach issues last Nov which they thought was my gal bladder but come to find out it's just how my body handles stress. Wish us luck next Sunday...we definitely need it!
On a happy note...I thought I would share a new pic of Callie that I took this week. She still is not walking but is getting closer!

1 comment:

lauren said...

to quote me.. "what do i do??? what do i doooooo?"

worst insect bite ever. hurt like hell. poor shortstack. i feel his pain.

ditto on the stomach/stress. Why couldn't we be the type of people who just stop eating when stressed? i'd be in children's sizes. amazing.