Wednesday, September 12, 2007

one step at a time

Last night Callie took her first step! She was whining and crying...just not feeling good and not knowing what she wanted. Bryan was sitting on one couch and I was on the other. She kept walking to the end of the couch crying while looking at the other and then dropping down and crawling. I guess she got tired of it because on what seemed like the 10th time she got to the end of the couch (the one Bryan was sitting on) looked over at me and sort of threw herself forward, took a step, and then caught herself on the other couch. She was so surprised and excited that she smiled up at me and then turned around and smiled and clapped at Bryan. It was the cutest thing ever. So proud of herself!! And we were just as proud. I'll keep you posted on her progress.
And she is still sick today. When I dropped Bryce off at school this morning he told them "Callie is sick so she can't come today. I'm fine so I can stay". Here's to hoping that no one else gets sick in our house!!

No comments: