Saturday, September 15, 2007

18 miles down, a lot more to go!

I walked 18 miles today! A group from my 3 Day team met at Stone Mtn. this morning to do our 18 mile training walk. We had so much fun! I am happy to report that I feel great and did not get one blister (thanks to a great concoction one of the girls made. Smear it on your feet every 5-10 miles and it really helps). When I signed up for the 3 Day the thought of walking 18 miles in a day was frightening. It sounded impossible. But it wasn't scary and it was possible. Thanks to a great group of women that encouraged and supported each other the entire way. 4 more weeks before the big weekend and I can't wait! Here are some pics from today. Can you tell by the second picture that the group is full of comedians. It's a lot easier to walk 18 miles when you are laughing most of the way!!

This is about 1/2 of my team. Can you tell that we all got up around 4am?





This picture cracks me up. A lot of the women carry platypus bottles that have long hoses (used like a straw) that you clip to you. Barbara clipped both of hers right to the front of her shirt. Kimberly and Karen thought it was funny to act like they were "nursing". The policemen at Stone Mtn. found it funny as well.

No comments: