Tuesday, September 18, 2007

School brings....

The beginning of the school year always brings new things. New friends, new clothes, new teachers, etc. It can also bring other things.
Roseola - an acute disease of infants and young children that is characterized by high fever followed by a rash that appears on trunk, limbs, neck and face. This is what the new school year has brought Callie....and after only 3 days of school. I am happy to report that she is feeling much better and back at school today. Crying, but back at school. I am expecting a call any moment now from the director asking me to come back and get her. Such a mommies girl!
The new school year has also brought more responsibility for me. Once again I am Bryce's room mom. I get suckered in after no one else volunteers and I know that the teacher really needs someone to step up. Luckily his teacher is very low key. I have also been asked to represent the parents on the community outreach board. The school tries to do small things to let the kids get a sense of helping their community. There are 3 members on the board, 2 from the church and one parent. Guess who the parent is this year? ME!
Even though the added responsibility makes my life a little more crazy, I am happy to do it. I guess I get it from my dad. He was PTA president when I was in elementary school!!

No comments: