Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Handbags and Shoes

It's funny how some things are just natural. People joke that all girls love handbags and shoes. This, for the most part, is a true statement. Put me in the shoe section of any store and I am a happy girl. I could stroll around, trying on different styles, for hours. One of my earliest memories is standing in my Nana's room admiring the huge shoe collection she had. I could stay in there all day trying them on, attempting to walk in her high heels. And don't even get me started on handbags. How can you not love them? And I know that I sound like a complete girly girl...which I am not. Or at least I don't consider myself to be one. Anyway, Callie has a new obsession...or two new obsessions. Handbags and Shoes (Like Mother like daughter I guess). She has taken to "stealing" random shoes and "trying" them on. Yesterday she dug Jason's running shoes out of his gym bag and attempted to put them on her feet. At one point she actually sat down and shoved her entire leg in each shoe. She found this hysterical as did Jason and I.
Today she discovered the world of handbags. My dad brought her a little purse that has a stuffed horse inside. It is the cutest thing...denim with red bandanna trim and fringe. Sooo cute. Callie LOVES it. She puts it on her arm, holds her arm up in the air, and lets the bag hang from her elbow. How does she know how to do that? I always thought girls were taught how to carry a purse, I never realized that we were born knowing!!
I hope that her love for handbags and shoes continues. I know someone in NYC that can't wait to take her shopping!!

2 comments:

lauren said...

This makes me so incredibily happy it's sick. i've printed the picture and it hangs in my office.

callie will be receiving bloomingdales catalogs adressed to her shortly. next time i'm in atlanta we can scan them for our favorites.

Uncle Ron said...

I believe it is a genitic abnormality. All the woman in the family have it. No cure has been discovered.