Saturday, October 27, 2007

Aggravation

Here is a funny story from yesterday.

I was picking Bryce up from school yesterday. They have this bell outside of his school that all of the kids love to ring. Pretty much the routine goes like this: walk out the door, parents stand around making small talk, kids run to the bell, stand in line, and then ring it 3 or 4 times. Yesterday as I was standing with the other parents waiting for Bryce to have his turn, 2 of the little girls from his class (Reilly and Elizabeth) came running over hand in hand. Reilly ran right over to Bryce who proceeded to hug her. Elizabeth watched this unfold and then turned sharply and marched right up to me. Here is our conversation.
Elizabeth: Are you Bryce's mommy?
Me: Yes, I am
Elizabeth: What is your name?
Me: Caren. and I know yours is Elizabeth!
Elizabeth: Yes.. I have to tell you something
Me: Okay, what is it?
Elizabeth: Bryce really aggravates me!!
Me: That's okay Elizabeth. He aggravates me too sometime!!

I laughed the entire way home.

No comments: