Friday, November 23, 2007

things I am thankful for...

I have been thinking a lot about things to be thankful for this year. Of course everyone always lists the usual.....health, family, shelter, friends, etc. I decided to put together a list of some random things that I am thankful for
Toys with volume control and on/off switches
I absolutely hate any toy that talks, sings, or makes music and does not have a way to turn it off. And why is it that I always manage to kick one of these toys when checking on a sleeping child? Our toy box will randomly start singing if someone just happens to bump it.....drives me crazy
Disposable Diapers
I was talking with a mom of older kids yesterday and she was telling me about using cloth diapers. I am eternally grateful to the person that invented the disposable kind. and yes...I know that it is bad for the environment ,but so is driving a car and you probably do that everyday.
Poopfree baths
Gross, I know, but all mom's know what I am talking about. Yanking the kids out of a tub, wrapping them up, draining the dirty water, lysoling the tub, and then starting all over again is something all mom's have done at least once. And it is no fun whatsoever. I always do a silent cheer when bathtime is over and we have had no incidents.
Frozen chicken nuggets and boxed mac and cheese
What mom could live without these? They make life soooo much easier. Thank you tyson and kraft.
DVR
Both for me and the kids. I can now let Bryce watch Caliou whenever he wants. I can also watch Grey's Anatomy uninterrupted. A small victory every Thursday night.
Wine
Sitting in traffic some days with two screaming kids is no fun whatsoever. Knowing that there is a nice bottle of wine at home waiting for me after the kids are in bed makes it a little better.

No comments: