Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Cookies

Today was the annual Christmas Cookie bake. Every year, the weekend before Christmas, my mom and I spend a day baking cookies. And bake we did. 8 different kinds and about 30 dozen. That's a lot of cookies. This year we made Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Jumbles, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip, M&M cookies, Snickerdoodles, Crescent's, and this yummy saltine cracker, chocolate, toffee stuff (don't know what the official name is).
We did miss Lauren this year. She helped with this tradition for several years and despite several mishaps (setting my oven on fire for one) we loved having her around.
Callie was all about hanging with the girls in the kitchen. She was our cookie tester and she took her job very seriously!! I hope that one day she looks forward to this tradition as much as I do.

1 comment:

lauren said...

For the record, the toffee cookies are called cracker candy. and I did not almost set the oven on fire. I merely should have used a jelly roll pan to avoid hot gooey toffee-over flow on to the bottom of the oven, that somehow turned charcoal in color.

it's a mystery to me.