Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

We had a fabulous New Year's eve. While it would have been fun to ring in the new year decked out in a new dress at a very grown up party, those days are currently on hold. We rang in 2008 celebrating with some close friends and the kids. We had a great dinner (lobster and steak....just steak for me) and some yummy cocktails. We played several really loud, hilarious rounds of Music Catchphrase. Then we set off fireworks at midnight while the boys ran around screaming. It was a great night.....minus the small fire that was set on the deck from the fireworks. No worries...it was put out quickly and caused very little damage. You definitely know it's a good party when something goes aflame!
In all seriousness I am looking forward to what 2008 has in store for us. 2007 may not have been the best year, but it did many great moments. I have come to realize that life is going to have it's downs. But it's focusing on the up's that counts. So that is my new year's resolution: To really concentrate on all of the great things in my life and try not to worry about the rest. Worrying never helped anyone right? (or at least that is what my mom told me).

Bryce and Cody checking out dinner
Guess who is going to have nightmares about giant lobster?

Callie decides to show the lobster who's the boss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caren,
You are so right to concentrate on all the positive things in life. I have learned that lesson.
You are a wonderful young woman. I love all the things that you have accoplished in your life with a very positive attitude.
I have learned that life is to short to worry about all the small things thatbother us.
Let's keep our minds on the big stuff.

Love you forever,
Aunt Rain