Monday, June 2, 2008

lazy summer day

We had a great day today. I really just wanted to stay home and do nothing. I am craving a day at home. I can't even remember a day where we didn't go anywhere. That was pretty much the plan until I got a call this morning from a friend asking if Bryce could come over and play. He really wanted to go so I sucked it up, got everyone dressed and in the car, and drove over to my friends house for a "play date". I am happy that we decided to go because we had a great summer day. I hung out with my friend and Callie while the boys went to the barn with Cody's dad. They visited with the horses, chased the kittens, and rode on the golf cart. Later, we set up their HUGE pool / water slide in the backyard. The kids had a blast playing in the water. Even Callie had fun hanging with the big kids. Later we ate dinner and laughed at the boys and their antics. The playdate ended up turning into a spend the night party and that is where Bryce is right now (hopefully fast asleep and not causing any trouble!). The more I think about it the more I realize the lessons I learn from my kids. Why spend a beautiful day all by yourself when you can hang out with a good friend, laugh, and have fun?

No comments: