Friday, July 11, 2008

another milestone

Bryce learned how to ride a 2 wheeler yesterday! I have been asking him forever "are you ready to take off the training wheels?" and he always yells "no" very loudly. Well...yesterday I asked him again and he looked me right in the eye and said "yes Mommy, I want to try to ride my bike". So Uncle Jason removed the training wheels and off we went to the front yard to give it a shot (I figured trying in the grass would equal easier falls). It took one little run and off he went. An hour later he was riding down the street...all by himself!! It seems like such a big milestone ya know. Everyone remembers the first time they rode a bike. And I am happy I got to be the one to be there for it. To see the sheer joy on his face while wobbly riding towards me. It is a moment I know we both will remember forever.

No comments: