Tuesday, September 30, 2008

smarty pants

Bryce is always saying things that crack me up. And he is really quick witted...the things he think ups blow me away. Pretty much a mini Bryan. Here are 2 that had me laughing yesterday.


When picking Bryce up from preschool his teacher pulls me aside to tell me something (my first response is oh no...here we go again). She tells me that for weeks she has been telling Bryce that things are only funny once. You see, he has a very bad habit of repeating anything that might make someone laugh (jokes, faces, falling down, etc). So yesterday he walks up to her with a very serious expression and says "Mrs. Real, can I tell you something?". Of course she said yes. Bryce then says "now you need to pay really close attention because I am only going to tell you once". I guess he has been paying attention after all!


Yesterday afternoon I had to go to the bank for my dad. I decided to do the drive thru thing since I hate dragging (and I do mean dragging) 2 kids into the bank. They were really, really, really slow. I think I had to wait about 15 min before we even got up to the window. And once we did reach the window the banker's computer could not read the check I was depositing so she had to take it to the manager and get her to handle it. Seriously, at this point I think we had been waiting approx 25 min. Way too long to be waiting with 2 kids in the car. Bryce started badgering me and asking why they were slow. He asked me to honk at them to make them go faster. He asked me to yell at them and tell them to "get a move on" (do I say this to him?). He then looks at the people around us and realizes that most of them are Hispanic (including the banker). He gets this huge smile on his face and goes "I know mommy.....how do you say slow in Spanish?". The lady in the bank heard him and started cracking up. I didn't know if I should laugh or hide my head in embarrassment. On a side note...I have no idea how to say slow in spaninsh. I'll have Bryce ask uncle Stephen next time he's over.

No comments: