Tuesday, November 11, 2008

peer pressure

Bryce loves having friends. He is always asking when we can go play with someone. This past week he has also made several other requests. It seems peer pressure is starting to set in.
He asked me if I would buy him Sketchers. How in the world does a 5 year old know what Sketchers are? I figured it could be worse and agreed to get him a pair. He needs some new shoes anyway. Bye Bye Stride Rite and hello Sketchers.
He asked me if he could wear his pirate shirt today. He wore it Friday and usually I try to cycle through clothes before re wearing something. It seems Iris and Avery liked the shirt and they asked him to wear it today. At first I said no. He had never asked for a specific shirt so I figured that it wasn't a big deal. Well, it was a big deal and I conceded. He happily walked into school with his pirate shirt proudly displayed. When they came running over to him he gave me this little "told ya so" grin.
I am counting my blessing that the peer pressure is currently harmless. I know one day we will face much bigger issues then Sketchers and pirate shirts!

I love this picture....Cody is one of Bryce's favorite friends


1 comment:

The Evans' said...

Jared told me he wanted 3 pairs of shoes for Christmas!!! Unfortunately, we stopped shopping at Stride Rite before Jared was 4 thanks to big brother who no longer wanted Stride Rite, and wanted Skechers, too! They're just all too funny...