Friday, February 27, 2009

sick

Everyone (except for me!!) is sick at our house. Bryce has Strep and a sinus infection, Callie has strep and an ear infection, and Bryan is headed to the doctor later with a sore throat (what are the odds that it's strep!?!). Not a great way to go into a weekend that has 3 parties, 2 hrs of baseball practice, and 2 baseball games. It is currently raining and I am praying that it continues all weekend. Rain = no baseball! I am also praying that I stay well!
Both kids are also currently doing breathing treatments at least 3x a day. I sit them on the bed, turn on the tv, and they take turns who goes first. Seeing that it takes approx 15 min. per treatment that is an hour and a half out of our day!! Thank goodness neither of them fuss too much about it.
All of the illness has led me to figure out another huge difference in my two kids. Bryce HATES to take medicine. Last night it took me 30 min to get him to take 2 tspn of it!! I wanted to pull my hair out. Callie, on the other hand, loves medicine. She gulps it down as fast as she can and begs you for more. When you tell her no, she will throw herself on the floor, start coughing really hard, and say "but mommy, I need it...I'm coughing and I'm sick". I have to try my hardest to not to laugh at her.

1 comment:

erin said...

I hope everyone gets well fast. Hopefully you won't get it...you know what happens if Mama gets it...all hell breaks loose!

love and prayers~erin