Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I have done this once before but have gotten a little slack on the Monday blogging, so this week's "Not Me's" are from the past several weeks. Hope you enjoy reading all of the things that I certainly did not do, all of the things that I would never think of doing, and all of the slips and mis-steps from the past couple weeks of life in the Thornton house.
  • I most certainly did not squeal for joy when Bryce's first weekend of baseball activities got cancelled due to weather. What mother would wish that disappointment on her child? I can't imagine why I would rather spend a weekend at home getting caught up on housework and watching tv over sitting in the freezing cold at the ball field for hours on end.
  • I did not feed my children peanut butter sandwiches and McDonald's 3 days last week because I wanted to make it to the gym in time for my classes. My children eat well rounded, home cooked meals every night!
  • While meeting a friend and her kids at Chick-fil-a for a playdate, I did not get chatty and forget to ask Callie if she had to go potty. Since I didn't forget to ask her there is no way she had an accident in her pants and started running around the playground like John Wayne (picture a wide-stance cowboy walk). Seeing that my daughter is completely and utterly potty trained, there is no reason why I would need to bring a change of clothes to Chick-fil-A. Upon realizing the situation, there is no way I decided to strip her down and let her ride the 2 miles back to our house in whatever random clothes happened to be in the car. And then, when clothing is being removed I did not figure out that she had actually pooped and peed. What would any sane mom do in this situation? Well, she certainly would not line said child's carseat with plastic bags, insert dirty stinky child, and drive home all while said child was screaming "but I'm stinky!!".
  • Again, my child is completely and utterly potty trained. That being said... There is no way that she decided to pee and entire lake on the floor of World Market. And I did not park a buggy over the lake of pee while dragging/running/herding my children to the bathroom to get paper towels to clean up the accident. Do you realize how gross that is? A responsible person would notify the store so that they could correctly sanitize the mess. (I did wipe the floor with wet one's after the puddle was soaked up...that counts as sanitizing doesn't it?).
  • After a really hectic, crazy day there is no way that I told my husband my gym class started an hour earlier then it actually did. And with a whole entire hour to myself, I did not get a Starbucks and wander around Target before actually going to the gym.

No comments: