Friday, April 10, 2009

six flags

My mom treated us by taking the kids and I to Six Flags yesterday. The kids have never been there and I was excited to share it with them. I still remember going with my mom, dad, and Jason when I was a kid. My dad took me on my first roller coaster (Rolling Thunder at Great Adventures) when I was probably around 7 or 8. I still remember the feeling of sheer joy when it was over. So much fun! So....we arrived yesterday at around 11am and stayed until just after 7pm. Long day, yes, but sooo much fun! Bryce loved everything about it....watching the big coasters, riding the rides, eating the food. It was like you could actually see him soaking it all in. I don't think he stopped smiling all day...he fell asleep with a huge grin on his face. Callie was in awe of everything. She is such an easy going child. Content to just sit in the stroller and watch the people and the world around her. Never fussing (okay...once when she was "denied" entrance to the kiddie swings because she was 2 inch's too short), she lasted until about an 1 hour before we left and then she passed out in the stroller. She constantly amazes me with her happy, easy going nature. Such a ray of sunshine all the time.
It is so different going with kids. I didn't ride one roller coaster (except for the "kiddie" one)! I was slightly surprised that this didn't bother me one bit. I had just as much fun watching the kids enjoy themselves. Seeing them laughing with joy was just as much fun as flying thru the air at ridiculous speeds. The only time I got frustrated was when Bryce wanted a lick of my $6 Ben and Jerry's ice cream cone. I knew he wouldn't like it, it was coffee with chocolate chunks and he solely likes vanilla, but I agreed to let him try it anyway. He took a huge lick and managed to "uncone" the ice cream, knocking the entire scoop (I had only taken a tiny bite) onto the ground. It was a count to ten moment. He apologized and almost started to cry and I quickly told him it was fine and I wasn't mad. But boy, I am still craving that ice cream! I might have to go and buy a pint of it tonight!!
Here are some pictures from the day....
Bryce on his favorite ride...The Log Jamboree

Still trying to figure out why they made me ride this with Callie. She is 2 inches short of the 36inch min. for a lot of the rides!


Mom and Bryce on the flying swings....looks like they are having fun!!


The Hanson cars...Bryce liked beig the driver



Riding on the Carousel was fun

The kids love the Thomas Ride


Sure sign of a fun filled day...

No comments: