Friday, May 15, 2009

bittersweet day

It was a bittersweet day today.  Bryce is officially no longer in preschool.  Not sure how I feel about this.  On one hand I am so excited for what his future holds and can't wait to see how he does in kindergarten.  And on the other hand I am sad that he is so big.  so grown up.  I want him to stay in the small loving school where everyone knows him by name.  Where they sing songs about God and learn to pray.  I want to freeze time.  But what parent has not wished this?  
The program was cute and sweet and I did not cry. If you must know I was getting to frustrated with my camera (which was not working correctly) to let the moment sink in.  They sang songs, said the months in Spanish, counted in french and German, and said something in another language that I really am not too sure about.  They then walked across the stage, got their diplomas and then proceeded to use them as telescopes.  After all of the pomp and circumstance was finished we had a pizza party and visited with friends one last time.  Great day.
Tonight, when tucking him in, I will be thankful that he is still small enough to tuck in.  And I will tell him how proud I am of him.  Proud of how smart, and funny, and sweet he is.  Proud that he is thoughtful of others and a good friend.  And how proud I am to be his mom


No comments: