Friday, April 6, 2007

one thing I wish

I am the worlds worst at getting film developed. Because of this, I find random rolls lying around and never know what pics I am going to have when I finally get around to taking them in. Several weeks ago I found this roll and took it to get developed. It's of pics from when Aimee and Jack came to visit around Christmas time. We had such a fun time and it was great getting to watch our kids play.

So here is one thing I wish. I wish that I lived closer to that handful of friends that really know me. The one's that really matter. Most of my really close friends are scattered all over the country. It would be fun if we had the chance to visit once in a while, but with kids and hectic jobs it doesn't happen much. I know that I will never live close enough to most of them for our kids to really get to know each other. To become friends. and that makes me kinda sad. So I savor the moments we have....on the phone listening, or brief visits. Who knows. Maybe one day Bryce will have a crush on a girl that lives in Arizona that he met when thier moms hung out for a girls weekend. Or maybe Callie will decide to stay with her Aunt RoRo in NY for a summer to learn all about life in the big apple.

No comments: