Friday, December 21, 2007

favorite words

Jason and I have been talking about this all week so I finally decided to post it.

There are some words out there that I just love. Words that are rarely used, but when I do use them I always think to myself, "I really love using that word". Some times I even try to think of a way to sneak them into conversations just to hear myself say them. Crazy, I know, but fun non the less. Here is my current list:
Slugabed (used quite often in my house when referring to Bryan)
Chortle
Crapulence
ruckas (also used daily in our house)
fisticuffs
tomfoolery
flibbertigibbet (this is actually in a song from the Sound of Music...and no I am not making that up)
chachki

Jason added these:
Circa
Hullabaloo

I was going to put the definitions with each word but I changed my mind :) Feel free to Google at will.

that concludes my geeky posts for the week.

2 comments:

lauren said...

shenanigans

one of my personal favorites.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.