Friday, October 31, 2008

3 days, 60 miles, thousands of memories

I did it! I walked all sixty miles....no sweep van for me. My foot isn't too happy about this and I have already been to one doctor and have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Monday. But...it was worth it. I had an amazing time. We laughed almost the entire 60 miles. There was not much laughing on Friday. It rained and it was really, really cold. We even ate our lunch outside in the rian! By the end of the day my rain pants were shredded and my clothes under my poncho were soaked! They moved camp to an empty office building so we could sleep someplace warm and dry. The rest of the weekend was sunny and warm and it made the walking go a lot quicker. My team raised over 40k and the total raised in Atlanta was over 8 million! Thanks to everyone for your support. Of course I will be walking again next year so let me know if you want to join in the fun!

Here is a short video of my pictures from the weekend.


No comments: