Saturday, November 1, 2008

trick or treat

We had a great Halloween. The kids got to wear their costumes to school where they had a small party (the teachers call it a "special snack day" - why not just call a party what it really is...a party?). Callie was dressed as a bumblebee and on the way to school kept saying "I'm a bee and I'm going to sting all my friends....buzzzz". She cracks me up! After school we stopped by my mom's school so she could see the kids dressed up. Bryce got really upset when everyone started calling him spiderman. After one teacher said "go save the world spidy", He got very upset and said "don't they know I'm just a boy in a costume?". Too cute!

We had a party at our house last night. Chili, soup, salad, and bread for the grown-ups and mummy hot dogs and mac and cheese for the kids...yumm! We ate dinner before heading out to trick or treat. The kids had a blast and everyone got way too much candy. We ended at our house where the kids all dumped out their bags to check out their goodies. After cookies, cake, and plenty of jumping and running around everyone headed home. Bryce and Callie crashed hard shortly after and slept in this morning. I guess all that sugar is good for something!!

PS....Blind Melon is not my favorite band and that is not why Callie is dressed like a bee.

Here are some pictures for the day.










No comments: