Sunday, March 29, 2009

How did I miss that!?!


Bryce had a baseball game today. It was 44 degrees outside and Callie was exhausted (as was I) so I decided to keep her home and let her take a really long nap. We both slept for 3 hours and woke up to Bryce babbling excitedly about his baseball game. Turns out, he hit his first double off of a pitch and he fielded extremely well. The coach decided that his great playing deserved the game ball. Yes...my child received the game ball the one game that I decided to miss. And to make it worse he kept saying "Mom, I wish you could have seen me". I felt awful. worse then awful. I know that I will not always be there for every event of his life. He will have tons of accomplishments that I will get to hear about, but not witness first hand. I guess that's one of the hard parts of being a parent. And tonight when I tucked him in he must have sensed that it really bothered me. He said "I love you mom. it's okay that you weren't there today". I love you too Bryce...more then you can fathom.

No comments: